Header Random

Thursday 20 August 2009

Usain Bolt - Again



I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already about Usain Bolt. heck, I don't know what to say that I haven't already said about Usain Bolt. 19.19s was his winning time in Berlin tonight, and all this when "tired" and "it wasn't a good race." His words.

My buddy Alan contends that these comments make him the most self-critical athlete ever. Possibly that's true. After two Olympic titles and two more World titles, all in World Record times, I'm going to ask a different question however. Make that two questions.

Has Usain Bolt had the greatest career of any athlete in any sport under the age of 22? (For the record I say yes, undoubtedly)

Now for another question...

At the tender age of 22, are we watching the greatest athlete of all time, in any sport? If not, who's better? I think that's a short list.

1 comment:

  1. It's ridiculous. Incredible to watch - and he's good for athletics with his playing for the camera and jitter-bugging after races.

    Some knowledgable sports commentators are saying he celebrated early in Beijing on the 100m to slow down - atheletes receive bonuses for breaking the world record - so he slowed in the Olympics to set the new record at something he could break again - thus doubling his money. Oh, to be genetically built for sprinting.

    ReplyDelete